The text that follows is owned by the site above referred.
Here is only a small part of the article, for more please follow the link
On this page you’ll find commonly asked Interview Questions. These, combined with the Job Interview Tips and Advice in the column on the left, will help you frame your skills and experiences to have the most effect.
Interview Questions to discover General Competencies
1. Why should we hire you?
2. What can you contribute that someone else cannot?
3. What would your references / colleagues / boss say about you?
4. What is your greatest strength?
5. What are your outstanding qualities?
6. What interests you most about this job / company?
7. Tell me about yourself.
8. What personal characteristics are necessary for success in your field?
9. Do you prefer working in a team or by yourself?
10. Explain your role as a team member.
11. Are you a natural leader or a born follower?
12. What do you feel makes you better at your job than your peers?
13. What motivates you?
14. How ambitious are you?
Interview Questions to discover Professional Competencies
15. Describe your ideal job.
16. What would you say are the reasons for your success?
17. What kind of experience do you have for this job?
18. You have not done this sort of job before. How will you cope/succeed?
19. Why do want to work for us?
20. Tell me about a time you felt was particularly challenging. How did you meet the challenge? What was unique about your approach?
21. Describe a time you worked under pressure. How did you handle it?
22. What is the most difficult situation you’ve faced?
Interview Questions to discover your Work Attitudes
23. What are the most important aspects to your job?
24. Describe how the work you do relates to the overall goals of your department?
25. Describe a typical day.
26. In what ways has your job changed since you started?
27. How does this job compare with the others you are considering?
28. How is this job different to your previous position?
29. What made you join your previous company?
30. Did they live up to your expectations?
31. What did you like / dislike about your last job?
32. What are the most important things you have learned from your previous jobs?
33. How do you feel about your career progress?
34. Have you done the best work you are capable of?
35. Describe how the work you do relates to the overall goals of your dept
36. What would you like to avoid in your next job?
37. In your last job, how did you prepare to interview people?
38. How have you benefitted from your disappointments?
39. What are your biggest accomplishments?
40. How do plan for major projects?
41. Tell me how you progressed through the organisation.
Interview Questions to discover your Attitudes toward Authority
42. Describe your ideal boss
43. Tell be about the times you and your manager have disagreed.
44. How specifically do you think your manager could improve?
45. What would your manager identify as areas for you to improve?
46. How well do you feel your boss rated your job performance?
47. How does your boss encourage your best work?
48. What do you think of your manager?
Tough Interview Questions: Personal Competencies
49. Tell me why I should not hire you?
50. Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10.
51. Why should I hire you over someone within the company?
52. What is your greatest weakness?
53. What kind of decisions do you struggle with?
54. Are you willing to take calculated risks?
55. What is the riskiest thing you have ever done?
56. Tell me about a mistake you made.
57. What worries you?
58. What bothers you?
Tough Interview Questions: Professional Competencies
59. What dissatisfies you most about your job performance?
60. What area of your skills needs work?
61. Tell me about a specific time where your work or leadership were criticised.
62. How do you handle rejection?
63. How do you manage tension?
64. How have you shown initiative?
65. Why do you want to leave your current job?
66. What interests you least about this job?
67. What did you not particularly like about your last company /job?
68. What impression do you have of previous employers?
69. What are some of the problems you encounter in your job and how do you deal with them?
70. What kind of people do you find it difficult to work with?
71. Are you willing to go where the company sends you?
72. Would you compete for my job?
73. How long do you see yourself within the company?
74. How long will it take you to make a contribution to the company?
75. What would you like to be doing five years from now?
76. Why were you out of work for so long?
77. Tell me why you have jumped from job to job so frequently.
78. You’ve been with the same company for an incredibly long time. To me that shows a lack of ambition.
79. There seems to be a lot of gaps in your CV.
80. How long have you been looking for another position?
81. Have you ever been dismissed?
82. Have you ever been asked to resign?
83. You don’t have the right experience.
84. You don’t have enough experience.
85. You seem overqualified.
86. I’m not sure you’re suitable for the job?
87. Wouldn’t you feel better off somewhere else?
88. How old are you? / You’re too old. / You’re too young.
89. Are you married?
90. Do you plan to have children?
Interview Questions for Graduates, Career Changers and First Jobbers
91. Why have you chosen this career?
92. Why do you think you will be successful in this career?
93. Why do you think you would like this type of work?
94. What made you choose your university?
95. How did you pay for university?
96. Your university isn’t the best. What makes you different?
97. What have you learned that would be useful in this position?
98. What have you done that shows initiative and willingness to work?
99. How did you get your part time work?
100. Which of your previous jobs have you enjoyed the least?
101. What have you learned from these jobs?
102. How do you take instruction?
103. Tell me about any difficulties you had getting along with others.
104. What are your views on how the industry works?
105. What do you know about our company?
106. What do you think determines progress?
107. What role should exam results play to first employers?